Art. Culture. Life. A World.

Musings on the journeys we take...

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Across a Country

On June 6th or 7th, my daughter and I packed up our Rav 4 and revved the engine. After saging the wheels, blessing our journey, we pulled out of the driveway and into a summer adventure that has become oddly and not so oddly, a representation of my life as a mother, writer, professor, a RedBlack, and poet. All of these things are what I want to look at, and to lay out for discussion. My observations of this gorgeous country, our towns, and the way we lodge people, or (Arizona) expel people despite and often because of our sameness and yet, those perceived and real vast divides. And most definitely how we are still all in the pathway of nature, and maybe of our own selves. So, I will try to keep the pics and postings coming on a regular weekly basis until work starts back up at the end of August. Maybe some of them will appear before in a couple of newspapers, magazines, or online publications. If I'm lucky, and time permits, I will continue writing into the winter and spring. this is my hope. I will share but I hope to hear your thoughts echoing back to me. Until the first post later this week...  

No comments: